Villa Lucia is a private royal palace, owned by the Bourbons. Its restoration was commissioned in 1816 by the king Ferdinand IV and designed by the court architect who was inspired by the polychrome facade of a Pompeian doric temple.
The king offered it to his second wife, Lucia Migliaccio princess of Partanna and duchess of Foridia, as a love token. It is a beautiful historical mansion devoted to dancing parties.
That is why the entrance to the Villa is called ”padiglione delle feste” (pavilion of the revels), decorated, as it is, by Canovian mythological Graces which invited to the dances of the royal parties held in the neoclassical halls and the astonishing terrace on the Gulf of Naples.